Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Attorney
Phone: (414) 271-3400
Mobile: (414) 416-5283
Fax: (414) 271-3841
Jeremy focuses on Civil, White Collar, and Administrative Litigation; crisis management; political law; and the defense of regulated professionals. His clients include: businesses, owners, officers and directors / political organizations, public officials and institutions / regulated professionals including attorneys, judges, financial and medical professionals. His practice has involved the representation of clients spanning the spectrum from the most vulnerable to the well-known and powerful. Jeremy emphasizes strategies fine-tuned to each client’s unique interests and needs.
After law school, Jeremy served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. John W. Reynolds in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin. He then spent 14 years with another respected Milwaukee, Wisconsin boutique law firm before joining Halling & Cayo, S.C.
- Currently Court Commissioner for the Hon. J.D. Watts.
- Board of City Service Commissioners, Milwaukee
- Formerly Court Commissioner for Hon. Louis B. Butler, Jr.
- Named one of the “Top 50 Attorneys” in Wisconsin by Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2011
- Profiled in 2009 “Wisconsin Super Lawyers” article, “The Fixer”
- Selected as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012; “Rising Star” in Milwaukee Magazine’s “Super Lawyers,” 2006, 2007 and 2008
- Named “Forty under 40,” THE MILWAUKEE BUSINESS JOURNAL, 2009
- Frequent speaker on issues including professional and public ethics commercial and white collar law, business-related fraud and unfair trade, lobbying law, and political law
- Member, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle’s Taskforce on Milwaukee County Finances, 2006
- University of Wisconsin Law School
J.D., 1997, Member of Law Review and Moot Court (team member and coach)
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
B.A., cum laude, 1994, Social Thought and Political Economy, elected to Phi Beta Kappa
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund, Inc., Board of Directors
- State Bar of Wisconsin, former member Bench and Bar Committee
- Thomas E. Fairchild Chapter, Inns of Court
- American and Milwaukee Bar Associations
Jeremy was born in New York City. After pursuing a wide range of academic and vocational interests and assorted other adventures, he moved to Wisconsin in 1992. He lives in Milwaukee’s Brewers Hill neighborhood. His personal interests include trying to keep up with his venturesome daughter Simone, hiking, photography, gardening, cooking and travel.